From July 20 through July 24, I refused to watch television or listen to the radio. The 20th was the day the media frenzy began in the aftermath of the shootings in Aurora, Colorado.
- Thursday, 02 August 2012 19:08
- Raynard Jackson, NNPA Columnist
- Hits: 1912
- Thursday, 26 July 2012 18:13
- Steph Larsen, Center for Rural Affairs
- Hits: 3420
Everyone wants lower health insurance rates. But who’ll fight for lower rates for your family or business? If you’re lucky, your state will. States have the right to regulate insurance within their borders. Most states have someone— a commissioner or director—
- Thursday, 19 July 2012 22:04
- Richard Carryall Social Security District Manager Baltimore North, Maryland
- Hits: 3404
August 26 is known as Women’s Equality Day. On that day in 1920, the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was signed, giving women the right to vote.
- Thursday, 12 July 2012 18:32
- Dr. Levister, Special to the NNPA from the Black Voice News
- Hits: 2519
Some 88,000 men and 70,000 women die from lung cancer each year. African American men are 37 percent more likely to develop lung cancer than white men. For women, lung cancer has consistently surpassed breast cancer as the leading cause of cancer death since 1987.
- Friday, 06 July 2012 12:16
- John Crabtree, email@example.com, Center for Rural Affairs
- Hits: 1212
The U.S. Supreme Court recently upheld the constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, also known as “Obamacare.”
The Center for Rural Affairs has said from the beginning,