MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – The Mississippi Valley State women’s soccer program endured a one hour and 43-minute lightning delay Friday evening before being defeated in its road opener, three-to-nil, at Middle Tennessee.
- Score: Middle Tennessee 3 | Mississippi Valley State 0
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (0-2, 0-0 SWAC) | Middle Tennessee (1-2-1, 0-0 C-USA)
- Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee – Dean A. Hayes Track and Soccer Stadium
- Series History: Middle Tennessee Leads 1-0
- Winning Streak: Middle Tennessee (W1) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: N/A
- All-Time History vs. C-USA Opponents: Conference USA Leads 7-0
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- McKenzie McCarthy went the distance in goal for Coach Davies’ club, notching double-digit saves for the 19th time in her Devilettes career with ten stops.
- Aryana Saenz placed her first shot of the season on target, her 22nd as a student-athlete at MVSU and Cambree Catalano contributed her first ever shot-on-goal for a perfect 1.000 shot-on-goal percentage.
- The Green and White played a cleaner match than their counterparts for the second consecutive contest, committing just seven fouls to the Blue Raiders’ nine.
Valley State is back at home at the Mississippi Valley Soccer Complex on Sunday afternoon as the Devilettes host the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks for a 1 p.m. start in a Labor Day Weekend clash.
Follow the Mississippi Valley State women’s soccer program on Twitter (@ValleyStateSOC) and Instagram (@ValleyStateSOC).
Follow the Delta Devils and Devilettes on Facebook (Valley State Athletics), Twitter (@MVSUDevilSports) and Instagram (@ValleyStateAthletics).