We have teamed up with the Baltimore City Board of Elections and several schools across Baltimore to deliver a student election judge program!
Who is Eligible for the Student Election Judge Program?
To sign up, you must be:
- Registered to vote in Maryland (Remember, 16 and 17-year-olds can also register! They just can’t vote yet.)
- Enrolled as a student at a high school or college in Baltimore City
What Does an Election Judge Do?
Election judges work from 7 am – 8 pm (not including additional set up and clean up hours) and perform various tasks such as:
- Check-in voters
- Greet voters as they come and go
- Assist voters with disabilities using accessible ballot marking devices
- Hand out “I Voted” stickers
- And more!
What are the Benefits of Becoming an Election Judge?
- Election Judges receive $200 for their service on Election Day and an additional $20 for participating in the Training Session
- Gain customer service and communication skills
- Interactions with your community members
- Earn community service hours
- And more!
If this sounds like something you or someone you know would be interested in doing on Election Day, please sign up as soon as possible! Please join us!