THE CASH CAMPAIGN OF MARYLAND ANNOUNCES 16TH
MONEY POWER DAY, REGION’S LARGEST FREE FINANCIAL FITNESS FAIR FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY TO “BOOST YOUR FINANCIAL WELL-BEING” ON
MARCH 18 AT POLY-WESTERN HIGH SCHOOL CAMPUS –
WITH COMPTROLLER LIERMAN & MAYOR SCOTT
Over 1000 adults, teens and children expected to attend
this free, fun-filled and informative financial services fair
The CASH (Creating Assets, Savings and Hope) Campaign of Maryland is holding its 16th Money Power Day®, the region’s BIGGEST free financial fitness fair, returning in-person for the first time since 2019. Money Power Day® returns to the Poly-Western High School campus at 1400 West Cold Spring Lane on Saturday, March 18 from 9am to 3pm – there’s even free parking and lots of bus service. The Opening Ceremony at 9:30am features Fox 45’s Lady T as MC. Sara Johnson, Co-Founder and C.O.O. of the CASH Campaign of Maryland, joins her on the main stage along with special guests Maryland Comptroller Brooke Lierman and Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott. Also, Pastor Jonathan Wade of Macedonia Baptist Church will give a blessing to start the day off right.
Money Power Day® is the signature event of the nonprofit CASH (Creating Assets, Savings and Hope) Campaign of Maryland and its partners. This energy-packed community event is designed to help “Boost Your Financial Well-Being” with exciting activities that will inspire and inform people of all ages and income levels. The event is full of FREE workshops, exhibitors, credit counseling, financial planning, kids’ activities, and more. Money Power Day® is always a “shady-free” zone – only vetted trustworthy, reliable/safe, high-quality services are offered by CASH and their partners.
People are encouraged to attend whether you’re an aspiring entrepreneur interested in learning how to grow or start a small business; a family looking to secure its future with a will, save money or buy a home; a teen or adult who wants to learn about career & college options, how to pay for higher education, or deal with student debt. Children will have fun playing financial games and get balloon hats to wear. Anyone who wants to pull their credit report then find out what it means. There’s so much to see and do at Money Power Day®!
For more information or to register for Money Power Day® go to www.moneypowerday.org
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AT MONEY POWER DAY®?
It’s FREE! No Charge for quality information and services:
- Exhibitor Hall with 40+ vetted-for-quality nonprofits, businesses, and government organizations provide on-site financial services, information and education that participants can use immediately to boost their financial power.
- Small Business Zone – Get one-on-one advice from entrepreneurship experts. Learn about business planning, structure, taxes and more. Have a business idea? Enter the “Pitch Your Side Hustle” contest for a chance to win: 1st Place $500, 2nd Place $250! Register for the contest at www.MoneyPowerDay.org
- Workshops cover topics that help people learn the steps to achieving financial dreams, such as how to buy a home, start or grow a small business, prepare for home ownership, getting out of debt, plan & protect your legacy, financial coaching, or planning for college.
- Credit Café assists participants in pulling their free credit reports then meet with an expert for credit and financial information.
- Kids Zone full of financially-focused activities for youth ages 4 – 12. Featuring Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union’s “Super Savers Money Club” with their financially-focused “super hero” Violet who will help kids defeat Evil Dr. Spendit! Balloon animals and hats will be made on site!
- College & Career Access Zone helps students, potential students & their families find ways to save for education, meet with ﬁnancial-aid specialists who will be available to advise you on FAFSA and financial aid letters, and offer advice on career pathways.
- Financial Planning Zone – Meet one-on-one with a Certified Financial Planner® to receive advice and insights about your financial future. Build the foundation for your financial plan with tips and tools shared during your financial planning session.
- Shredding & Additional Services: The ever-popular shredder truck will be parked out front for your spring-cleaning shredding needs from 9am – 12Noon. Application assistance for public benefits, and more, all day!
- Food Distribution by Food Rescue Baltimore while supplies last.
- Fun Photo Opportunities & “Money Grab Booth” with the chance to win prizes, plus other fun activities!
- 92Q Jams and Magic 95.9 will be there with station prizes from 10am – 12noon!