In her 1983 book, In Search of Our Mother’s Gardens, celebrated author Alice Walker, defined colorism as “prejudicial or preferential treatment of same-race people based solely on their color.” This is the central topic in The...Read More
Eric Garner’s mother Gwen Carr knows paralyzing grief first-hand. Other Black mothers across the...Read More
The deadline for submissions for $15,000 prize is August 15, 2021 Baton Rouge, La.— Entries for the 15th annual Ernest J. Gaines Award for Literary Excellence will be accepted through August 15, 2021. Information on criteria...Read More
by Stacy M. Brown, NNPA Newswire Senior National Correspondent @StacyBrownMedia | Mar 5, 2021 | Arts & Entertainment, Books | 0 |
A Black woman’s memoir published 153 years ago still tops Amazon’s books sales chart. “Behind the...Read More
Never Miss Your Dose of Positive News & Community Events!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
- Friendships: Quality over Quantity September 17, 2021
- Jacqui Cummings Leads 25th Street’s Black Wall Street of Baltimore Business Walk, Sept. 25 September 17, 2021
- Ways to Expunge a Criminal Record to Pave the Way to Employment September 17, 2021
- PNC Foundation Commits $600,000 to CFUF and Coppin State University September 17, 2021
- New Tower Targets Old Silos September 17, 2021