JONESBORO, Ark. – The Mississippi Valley State University volleyball program ran into a hot Billikens team and could not cool them off as SLU clinched the A-State Invitational title, 3-0.
- Score: Saint Louis 3 | Mississippi Valley State 0
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (0-3, 0-0 SWAC) | Saint Louis (3-0, 0-0 Atlantic 10)
- Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas – First National Bank Arena
- Series History: Saint Louis Leads 1-0
- Winning Streak: Saint Louis (W1) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: N/A
- All-Time History vs. Atlantic 10 Opponents: Atlantic 10 Leads 1-0
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Chariah Mabry fronted the club with four points, three kills, and two blocks to go along with three digs.
- Tyler Caliste tied with Mabry for the team-high for points (4.0) and kills (3).
- Libero Seerdyn James collected the most assists at six while Mikayla Lee topped the team with six assists.
- Seven of the nine student-athletes that were active for the match contributed at least one dig, accounting for 77.8% of the travel roster.
- Valley State was able to out-block Saint Louis, knocking down three attacks compared to the Billikens’ one.
Coach Prince’s squad has two weeks before its next match, versus Stephen F. Austin at noon on Friday, September 9 as part of the Southern Miss Invitational
Follow the Mississippi Valley State women’s volleyball program on Twitter (@ValleyStateVB) and Instagram (@ValleyStateVB).
Follow the Delta Devils and Devilettes on Facebook (Valley State Athletics), Twitter (@MVSUDevilSports) and Instagram (@ValleyStateAthletics).